Armored Warfare developer update on reputation
We were unclear on some aspects of the reputation system used in Armored Warfare gameplay. Remember, reputation is the Armored Warfare experience point system that lets you progress to higher tiers and acquire better equipment for your armored vehicles. After posting a few questions in the official forums and reading other enthusiasts’ comments, we have some clarifications from Armored Warfare Developers!
All of these come with the usual and quite understandable caveat that Armored Warfare gameplay is still in development and they are still working on many of these issues.
- All vehicles get the +75% damage ratio for reputation, not just light vehicles.
- AFVs (Armored Fighting Vehicle) actually earn an even higher bonus if the target being shot is designated by them.
- Players get the +75% damage ratio for reputation when someone else damages a vehicle they have immobilized, it does not have to be destroyed as alluded to in the official news posting.
- Unlocking vehicles is similar to quests or achievements in other games. We were a bit confused if some unlocking was required by only getting renowned vehicles or some by having several requisite vehicles to proven status. [Spooky- I assume some future news will be coming to cover this topic in more detail]
- Reputation for base capture points will only be given out if your team wins, and wins by any means. The logic is if you lost, it wasn’t tactically sound strategy to attempt a capture. Likewise, even if your team won by destroying all enemy tanks, the capping may have been a key tactical move to disrupt the enemy’s plans.
- There will be penalties for shooting friendly vehicles or team kills.
- Just because PvE (player vs environment) reputation rates are slower doesn’t necessarily mean good PvE players won’t progress as fast as good PvP players. There are more opportunities in the PvE environment to do damage, get kills, etc. Players should be able to advance strictly through the PvE gameplay mode if they want.
- Developers will even go so far as having different rewards per minute for the two modes, depending on which has a higher chance of dying. The can easily track the telemetry for each map and game type. Ideally PvE would be just as much of a challenge as PvP.
- An armored vehicle that kills their own spotted target gets reputation for damaging/killing the target plus a bonus for spotting the target, but it wouldnt’ be the full +75% spotting damage ratio.
In a bit more of a don’t-get-excited and this-isn’t-official reveal, there has been talk about having some retroactive consumables. An example would be you just had a great game and wished you would have had the premium time or consumable that would have give you bonus reputation for such a great achievement. Maybe there should be a special token you can purchase for cases like that.